Discover New York City from 1,050 feet above the bustling urban jungle at the city’s most iconic attraction: The Empire State Building! If you’re looking for a truly “New York” experience you can’t get anywhere else, this is the place!
Want to add a tour of the city to your ticket? Select the Empire State Building + Downtown Tour
ticket option to add the Downtown Manhattan bus tour pass to your itinerary. You’ll have 24 hours (spanning TWO calendar days) to explore neighborhoods like Times Square, SoHo, Greenwich Village and Chinatown from a hop on hop off double decker bus. Hop off at any of the 21 convenient stops (including two stops right by the Empire State Building) along the way to grab lunch, visit a museum, or simply stroll around and people watch. Then hop back on the bus when you’re ready to continue the tour.
From the 86th floor Observatory that wraps around the building’s towering spire, you’ll have an unbeatable bird’s eye view of the beautiful NYC skyline and the city’s most notable attractions. You’ll see the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, the East and Hudson Rivers, and even the Statue of Liberty! On clear days, you can see far beyond the city limits! And thanks to the included self-guided multimedia tour, you’ll always know exactly what you’re seeing. You can even get a closer look by using the high-powered binoculars on site!
But the world-class views aren’t all this quintessential attraction has to offer. The grandiose lobby was recently renovated to the original 1930 Art Deco design and now features 24-karat gold ceiling murals! Continue onward to find two exhibits, Dare to Dream and the Sustainability Exhibit, that capture the rich history and meticulous design of the official historic landmark.
• Panoramic views of the city skyline from 1,050 feet above street level!
• See up to 80 miles away – and 5 states – from the open air promenades!
• Climate-controlled indoor viewing galleries offer a comfortable viewing environment, whatever the weather!
• Newly-renovated Art-Deco lobby and 2 state-of-the-art exhibits.
• Self-guided multimedia tour tells you what you’re seeing from every vantage point!
102nd Floor Observatory
: Take a ride in the manually operated Otis elevator to the uppermost observation deck! Here you’ll have the most spectacular views of the city and beyond. Upgrade at the Observatory ticket office on the 2nd floor or at the 86th floor kiosk.
: See an official Empire State Building employee to purchase an Express Pass and skip to the front of every line, saving lots of time!
Multi-Media tour app
: The free Official Empire State Building Observatory Experience App is available on the App Store and Google Play. It includes an audio visual tour guide detailing the building’s construction, sustainability, and views; as well as quizzes, videos and an image gallery. The App is available in English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, and German.
Please note: Street sales agents outside of the building are not employed by the Empire State Building Observatory and are not authorized to sell Express upgrades.
• Observatory is open until 2:00am daily so you can see the twinkling cityscape lit up against the night sky!
• Enjoy live music on most Thursday-Saturday evenings after 9:00 pm.
• State Grill and Bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in the lobby. No food or beverages are served on the upper levels.
• Average visit time is 1-2 hours.
• For more space in the viewing galleries and a shorter wait, visit between 8:00 am and 11:00 am or after 10:00 pm.
• Last elevator at 1:15AM
• State Grill and Bar: sophisticated American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Heartland Brewery, Europa Cafe, Chipotle, Starbucks
The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant. The 86th Floor Observatory deck has handicapped restrooms, ramps, and lowered viewing walls and binoculars. Service dogs are allowed throughout the building. Motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted.
After completing your online purchase you will be redirected to a page with your voucher. An order confirmation with a link to your online voucher will also be e-mailed to you within two hours of completing your purchase. Redeem at any of the visitor center locations listed on the voucher. At the visitor center, simply show your voucher on your mobile phone or present a printed copy.
5th Avenue & West 34th Street
Hours of Operation:
8:00AM- 2:00AM (last elevator at 1:15AM)
Average Visit Time:
After your online purchase you will be redirected to a page with your voucher. An order confirmation, with a link to your online voucher, will also be e-mailed to you within two hours of completing your purchase. Redeem at any of the visitor center locations listed on the voucher. At the visitor center, simply show your voucher on your mobile phone or bring a printed copy.